Monday, December 6, 2010

Capítulo 6/ Chapter 6 Baby B Infirmary

It is that time of year. I've already spent a few nights moonlighting at the Baby B infirmary. We got through his first cold and fever without going to the doctor.

A few weeks later and now he has a cough. Orale, we're a little concerned because he's coughing like un hombrecito and I read some of the symptoms. First, there are cold-like symptoms, then after 1-2 weeks the coughing starts. I quickly got on the internet and checked out what whooping cough sounds like. It ain't pretty.

Thanks be to Baby Jesus that my son isn't whooping or barking. I'm hoping to implement a time tested, curandera approved method--la garrita.

La garrita: A little wet (warm or cold) cloth applied to different parts of the body, primarily the forehead or stomach to bring down a fever.

Until then I'll be Sana Sana Colita de Rana-ing.
If you want to suggest some more remedios, send an email and hopefully we can get through the season without having to call up la curandera.

No comments:

Post a Comment