Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Capitulo 2 / Chapter 2 Baby B's Midday Buffet

As we speak I am feeding my baby and typing with one hand. Baby B was born almost 6 weeks ago and I relish the hours between 1am and 4am because it is the longest stretch we will sleep in 24 hours.

I decided to breast feed for many reasons. 1) Healthy for Baby B and me. 2) Bonding 3) Portability 4) It's GRATIS. I am finally in the groove with nighttime feedings and poopings that come at 4am. But let's address an issue that has come to light--my Baby B is an addict. Adicto a la leche.

His addiction did not surface until after my husband and I recognized the leche adicto's pattern. He loves, can't get enough, can't stop won't stop for the MLB--and it's not baseball.

What is MLB? It's the Midday Leche Buffet. Baby B will feed 4-5 times in a 2 hour span. I read about it in La Leche League's The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and they call it "cluster feeding". I call it addiction and my little panzón is on his way to bigger pants. Sometimes I think he's faking. Other times he falls asleep with a smile. Most of the time his muffin-top makes his newborn t-shirt turn into a mid drift top. These trips to the buffet are promptly followed by the midday SIESTA.

I'm only able to write this posting right now because of my favorite mom liberator--my MOBY Wrap. This modern day reboso is just a flexible fabric that wraps all around you and helps you hold your baby and have a life. I boosted my Moby wrap wearing confidence by going to a free sling clinic at the Pump Station in Santa Monica. I highly recommend this place if you live on the Westside.

If your bebe has is an adicto or you want to reach out and take him to an Leche Addicts anonymous meeting, send a message my way.


Pandita.

No comments:

Post a Comment